Monday, September 21, 2009

Georgia O'Keeffe on Lifetime










Regardless of what you think of Lifetime overall as a TV channel, try to catch the encore of Georgia O'Keeffe tonight at 9pm. I will watch it because it would be interesting to watch what Lifetime (hehe, again) would do with this iconic artist's life, and because Jeremy Irons is in it! Seriously, consider investing 11 hours in that gem of a series, Brideshead Revisited (1981). (bn.com)
Anyway, I was browsing art.com recently for a laptop wallpaper, and came across one of my favorite paintings by the great artist, Oriental Poppies, 1928. It just overwhelms with a sense of, among other things, exuberance, life, sensuality, and depth. So I thought, what does this remind me of? Teresa's enamel poppy earrings. I mean, if I wanted to wear art, this would be the way to go.
PS: Don't miss Georgia O'Keeffe: Abstraction now through January 17, 2010 at the Whitney, www.whitney.org

No comments:

Post a Comment